Cassandra Nix (nee Scott) holds a combined Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts (History major with a minor in International Relations) degree from University of New England (UNE), as well as a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice from Sydney College of Law. Cassandra was admitted to practice law in NSW in 2010 and commenced practice in immigration law. Her experience includes human resources and work as a lawyer in private practice in both Sydney and Newcastle. Cassandra joined Baker Love in 2015 to work in our Immigration Law team with our accredited specialist Richard Hardy.
While at UNE Cassandra was awarded a scholarship to study International Law abroad in Germany. She has also volunteered as a law clerk and solicitor with the Redfern Legal Centre in Sydney.
Her early legal experience was in immigration law, followed by employment law, commercial law, litigation and estate planning. She is a registered migration agent, MARN 1171731.
Cassandra has experience with:
- Assisting and advising visa applicants and sponsors in a variety of temporary and permanent visa applications including Partner and Family visa applications, Employer Sponsored visas, Student, Visitor and Humanitarian visa applications;
- Assisting with preparation of review applications to the Migration Review Tribunal (MRT);
- Drafting employment contracts, restraint and confidentiality clauses;
- Preparing advices in regards to Modern Award entitlements, National Employment Standards (NES), relevant Legislation and Regulations;
- Preparing and assisting in the implementation of employment contracts, office policies and procedures internally and to external clients;
- Appearances as an advocate in the NSW Local and District Courts and the NSW Civil Administrative Tribunal (NCAT, formally CTTT);
- Assisting in the initiating and defending debt recovery proceedings and enforcement of judgments in the NSW Local Court;
- Preparing Court and Tribunal documents including applications, defences and affidavits; and
- Obtaining instructions in regards to Wills, Powers of Attorney and Enduring Guardianships.
Cassandra enjoys travelling, anything to do with history and current affairs, reading, keeping active and enjoying the coastal lifestyle.