Jason Dunn first joined Baker Love Lawyers in 2012 before working as a sole practitioner and later returning to Baker Love Lawyers in 2018.
Jason graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce with a major in accounting from the University of Newcastle in 1996 and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of New England in 2002. He then completed a Diploma of Legal Practice at the College of Law, before being admitted as a solicitor in 2003 and initially working with a large Newcastle based practice.
Jason also has several years of accounting and taxation experience in public practice and sits on a number of local boards and committees.
In his spare time Jason is a keen motorcycle racer regularly competing in historic road racing. Jason is also actively involved in his local community and is a Councillor of Newcastle City Council.
Jason has gained considerable legal experience with his main areas of practice including:
- Conveyancing and property law, including transactions in New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria, advising on stamp duty implications and making applications for private rulings on duty liabilities.
- Acting and advising property developers on residential and commercial subdivisions, drafting and registration of easements and restrictions on use, and providing advice on planning and Local Government laws.
- Providing advice and acting in Self-Managed Superannuation Fund property purchases and limited recourse borrowing arrangements including the drafting of bare trust and custodian deeds.
- Drafting wills and providing estate planning advice to clients including those with complex business structures and blended families and drafting testamentary trusts and more complex wills.
- Acting on the purchase and sale of businesses including national franchises.
- Drafting share sale agreements including those for regulated specialist businesses such as registered training organisations.
- Drafting and advising on commercial and retail leases and renewals.
- Business succession advice and drafting of shareholder and unitholder agreements.
- Asset protection and business structuring advice for small to medium sized enterprises and high net worth individuals including medical practitioners.
- Acting on behalf of executors and beneficiaries on applications for probate and the administration of estates, including drafting deeds of family arrangement and deeds of settlement in finalisation of disputes.