Liam Tobin is an experienced commercial lawyer who joined Baker Love Lawyers in 2018. He graduated from the University of Newcastle in 2008 with a Bachelor of Laws and Diploma of legal Practice and was admitted as a Solicitor in the Supreme Court of new South Wales in 2009. He also holds a Bachelor of Science (Forensics) with First Class Honours.
Following early experience with Legal Aid and the University of Newcastle Legal Centre, Liam worked for a commercial legal firm in Newcastle, gaining experience in assisting clients with a broad mix of experience in commercial transactions and litigation, leasing, purchase and sale of business, purchase and sale of commercial and residential properties, debt recovery, corporations law, trusts and SMSFs, as well as complex wills and estates.
His experience includes assisting with:-
- Lessors and lessees in retail and commercial leasing and drafting lease documentation
- Business owners and business purchasers in preparing and negotiating documentation for the sale of business
- Vendors and purchasers of residential and commercial properties
- Creditors and debtors in debt recovery matters including bankruptcy, liquidation and statutory demands
- Establishing and updating trusts including discretionary trusts, unit trusts, testamentary trusts and self managed superannuation funds
- Preparation of complex wills, power of attorney and enduring guardianship documentation
- Administration of deceased estates including applications for grant of probate and letters of administration, contested estates and claims for further provision.
- Commercial litigation in a broad range of jurisdictions including High Court, Federal Court and Federal Circuit Court, Court of Appeal, Supreme Court of NSW, Supreme Court of Queensland, Supreme Court of Western Australia, Supreme Court of the Northern Territory.
Outside of work Liam’s time is mainly spent with family and friends, in the music industry and enjoying the outdoors.