Terry Morgan was a partner at Rutter Morgan from 1987 to 2006, until he became a partner at Baker Love.
Areas of the law Terry is particularly experienced in include family law, de facto relationship law, business law and trusts, financial law, commercial law, real estate and conveyancing, rural and commercial properties, wills, estates and estate planning, leasing and employment law. Terry is a member of the Family Law Council.
He is a life member of soccer and cricket clubs, has been a committee member of a rugby union club for many years, and has twice been president of the Rotary Club of Wallsend.
Married for more than 40 years, Terry has two children and looks forward to catching up with the whole family when their schedules permit.
His extensive legal experience includes:
- Negotiating and drafting subcontracts for clients involved in mining, construction and Government related industries;
- Supreme Court proceedings in respect of breach of contract and misleading and deceptive conduct;
- Supreme Court proceedings in respect of disputed Wills and Estates;
- Court proceedings for breach of restraint of trade in commercial transactions;
- Negotiating, drafting and completion of sale and purchase of a business and/or shares in companies;
- Advising and negotiating terms of restructure of entities, (including companies) and associated documents such as Buy/Sell Agreements;
- Advising builders and home owners in respect of building claims;
- Negotiating and advising in respect of franchise agreements;
- Advising liquidators and trustees in bankruptcy and/or Directors of Companies and/or companies in respect of insolvency provisions and transactions;
- Advising, negotiating and documenting outcomes to business disputes.