Zasco completed his initial legal studies in South Africa in 2001 and practiced as a Lawyer, Conveyancer and Notary in South Africa from June 2002 until July 2014 when he, with his wife and daughter, moved to Australia.
Zasco’s legal career started in 1998 when he, as a young law student, worked as a clerk to a Supreme Court Judge in South Africa. During that time he had extensive and direct exposure to high profile civil and criminal court matters being in Court almost every day with some of the best legal advocates in that country performing their duties in Court where he sat in front and below the Judge he worked for.
After being admitted as a lawyer in South Africa Zasco attended mostly to any type of legal matter relating to transactional law having done work for individuals, small corporate entities and large national companies.
Whilst practicing law as a partner in a medium sized legal practice in South Africa in 2012 Zasco started the process to be admitted as a lawyer in Australia which entailed academic studies with the University of New England in Armidale and practical legal studies through the College of Law in Sydney and was admitted in the Supreme Court of New South Wales in February 2014.
In July 2014 Zasco and his family moved to Australia where he has since been practicing law and gained valuable legal experience in various legal firms. Initially Zasco accepted instructions on a broad base of legal work and gained practical experience of the Australian legal system in family law, criminal law, property law, commercial law, wills and estates. Today Zasco’s main focus area of legal practice is Property and Conveyancing, Business Law, Commercial and Retail Leasing and Wills and Estates where he draws on his broad base knowledge and experience of transactional law.
Zasco is currently enrolled with the College of Law in Sydney in their Masters of Applied Law (Property) program and also currently holds an unrestricted Practicing Certificate from the New South Wales Law Society and is enrolled both as a Lawyer of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and a Lawyer of the High Court of Australia.
Zasco’s experience includes working on the following types of matters:-
- Attending to mum and dad conveyancing matters where he acts for clients in transactions in New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland and South Australia.
- Acting for developers in residential property development matters.
- Acting for developers of a retirement village in New South Wales.
- Acting for vendors and purchasers in relation to the sale and purchase of various types of businesses.
- Attending to commercial and retail leasing matters for both Lessors and Lessees which includes matters such as assignment of leases, agreements to lease (where both substantial and minor works were to be done prior to the entering into of the leases) and sub-leases.
- Due diligence investigations for purchasers of private residential land and developers of residential land prior to entering into contracts.
- Due diligence investigations for purchasers of businesses prior to them entering into contracts for the purchase of a business.
- Due diligence investigations for Lessee’s of commercial and industrial properties prior to them entering into leases.
- Advising on franchise agreements.
- Advising on and preparing Last Wills and Testaments, Appointments of Enduring Guardians and Powers of Attorney.
- Applications for Probate and Letters of Administration in the winding up of deceased estates.