Technical and commercial legal advice is critical for building and construction
We have many years of experience in advising and representing builders, home owners, commercial property owners, and other professionals in the building and construction industry.
When acting for clients in the preparation of contracts, we work to address the key legal and practical issues which can affect their bottom line, as well as identifying risk areas and assisting in minimising that risk.
We can help you balance enforcing your legal rights and preserving productive relationships.
We concentrate on managing the process to achieve an early and cost effective resolution when managing a dispute on behalf of our clients.
Our team provides quality services and advice across a range of building and construction areas, including:
- Negotiating and drafting contract documentation, including head contracts and sub-contracts
- Preparation of special conditions for standard form building contracts
- Drafting terms of trade and quotation terms
- Drafting credit applications
- Tender documentation advice
- Security provision advice, such as bank guarantees
- Termination of contract, delays, disruption and your rights under the contract
- All litigation relating to building work, including Security of Payment Act claims
- Home warranty and insurance disputes