Jason Dunn | Partner
Areas of Practice
- Retirement Villages
- Commercial & Business
- Estate Planning
Jason Dunn first joined Baker Love Lawyers in 2012 before working as a sole practitioner and later returning to Baker Love Lawyers in 2018 and becoming a Partner in October 2019.
Having graduated with a Bachelor of Commerce with a major in accounting from the University of Newcastle in 1996 and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of New England in 2002, Jason was admitted as a solicitor in 2003.
Jason also has several years of accounting and taxation experience in public practice, is a former long serving board member of the Newcastle Art Gallery Foundation, and a current a board member of local club Wallsend Diggers.
Examples of specific types of matters
- Conveyancing and property law.
- Acting for retirement village operators and residents.
- Acting and advising property developers on residential and commercial subdivisions.
- Providing advice and acting in Self-Managed Superannuation Fund property purchases.
- Drafting wills and providing estate planning advice.
- Drafting and advising on commercial and retail leases.
- Business succession advice and drafting of shareholder and unitholder agreements.
- Asset protection and business structuring advice.
- Acting on behalf of executors and beneficiaries on applications for probate.
Qualifications and memberships
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Laws
- Graduate Diploma of Professional Legal Practice
- Law Society of NSW
Outside of Work
Jason keeps busy with his young family and in his spare time is a keen motorcycle racer regularly competing in historic road racing and is actively involved in his local community and was previously a Councillor of the City of Newcastle.