Sam finished his studies at the University if Newcastle in 2018, graduating with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Bachelor of Business majoring in Marketing. Immediately after his time at University, Sam completed the graduate diploma of legal practice at the College of Law in Sydney. Sam began with Baker Love in November 2018 as a Law Clerk and joined full-time in March 2018.
Sam is an aspiring, young Solicitor with a passion and determinative spirit for Family Law and Dispute Resolution. Sam was admitted as a lawyer in the Supreme Court of NSW in August 2019 and has a bright career ahead. In a short period of time Sam has already gained great experience in Family Law as well as Commercial Law, Wills & Estates and Employment Law.
Sam’s experience involves working on matters which include:
- Complex family law property settlements and negotiating settlement offers;
- Children and parenting arrangements;
- Mediation and dispute resolution practices;
- Drafting family law court documents and initiating processes;
- Unfair preference claims, other director-related transactions and directors examinations;
- Directors duties, personal liabilities and related agreements;
- Rent-to-buy contracts and lease option agreements;
- Estate disputes and family provision claims;
- Sale of land/business transactions; and
- Intellectual property law.