Terry Morgan | Consultant
Areas of Practice
- Retirement Villages
- Commercial and Business
- Estate Planning
- Acting for Claimants and Executors in disputes of deceased persons
Terry worked in the banking sector for 17 years.
During that time Terry obtained an accountancy certificate in 1976.
Terry then studied law and was admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales in 1982.
Terry has been extensively involved in his local community being a life member of two sporting clubs, having served on the committees of three other sporting clubs, President of Wests Cricket Club, is currently the Vice-President of Wallsend Diggers, was a member of inaugural Committee for Woodlands Aged Care, President of Wallsend Rotatory, founding President of Wallsend-Maryland Rotatory Club, assisting Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal in the Northlakes Area.
Examples of specific types of matters:
- Conveyancing and Property Law –
- Acting for retirement village operators and residents
- Advising property developers on residential and commercial subdivisions
- Assisting self-managed superannuation funds with purchases of properties
- Drafting Estate Planning documents including wills, powers of attorney and enduring guardians
- Advising and drafting of commercial retail leases
- Advising business owners on business succession
- Drafting shareholder and unitholder agreements
- Asset protection and business structuring advice
- Advising on applications for probate
- Advising and acting for both applicants and defendants in disputes concerning deceased estates
Qualifications for memberships:
- Commerce certificate
- Solicitors Admissions Board
- Law Society of New South Wales
Outside of Work:
Terry enjoys the company of his wife Helen, his sons Phillip and Stephen and his four grandchildren.
Terry is a keen follower of cricket and in particular the local Newcastle District Cricket Association competition.
Terry is an avid Roosters supporter and has a keen interest in rugby union.